Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Little Peace of Mind

Last night was the first time in the new house that I was completely at ease. The girls helped me make dinner. We grilled some chicken breast and put it on top of a salad full of all of our favorite salad veggies, topped it with a little bacon, feta, and sunflower seeds. We ate and laughed at each other and talked about our days. After dinner we did all the usual chores cleaning up and feeding the dogs, then we started a fire in the fireplace.  Sitting by the fire I gave each of the girls a pedicure and manicure and then sent them off to bed.

It was raining pretty hard outside, and with the television off, my mind began to turn over all the recent events in my life and then all of the events going on around the world. With all of the things the world is facing, sitting in my new house, with my beautiful healthy daughters sleeping, it was very hard to feel even an ounce of self pity. Sleep overtook me then, and I slept so incredibly sound for just over an hour. When I woke up, my dog was begging to go outside, and all the normal rituals returned, but for that one hour, I slept a great, deep, dreamless, much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment